Wednesday, April 23, 2008

PHS Yearbook Hits Disneyland

Two weeks ago, I decided to put my life and sanity on the line and take 12 rascally teenagers to Disneyland...all by myself. I know...what was I thinking!? It turned out to be a great trip, sure there were some bumps along the way. First the plane was over an hour late arriving at the gate (you think toddlers get impatient and cranky when they're tired...teenagers are worse). We made it to the hotel around 11:30 after a very scary ride through LA with SuperShuttle. We arrived at our hotel, The Carriage Inn...which was not nearly as nice as the pictures had suggested...but the price was right and I wasn't worried about the kiddos "breaking" anything.

I was smart enough to get my own room and the 8 girls shared 2 rooms and the 4 boys shared one. We a commitment to be ready and at the park when the gates opened which meant meeting outside the hotel at 7:15. Well do you think anybody besides me actually went to bed after we got to our rooms??? NOOOOOOO The psychos ordered pizza and stayed up until like 3 am. Needless to say...they were less that bright eyed when we met at 7:30 for our group walk to the park. Outside of tired factor, the day was pretty great. There were a few attitudes I could have done without, but for the most part, my extended yearbook family was a pleasure to hang out with. My senior staff members found graduation hats with Mickey Mouse ears...I had to have a picture. I'm sure going to miss these kids. They have been a fantastic staff, so full of life, and spontaneity. Sunday morning we got to see some of the characters and got some great pictures. By Sunday afternoon we were definitely DONE, and the trip home was far less eventful. However, even Monday and Tuesday...back in the classroom...the Disney magic still existed. For my "family" who reads this...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!

No comments: