Tuesday, April 29, 2008

At least I can laugh

The window saga continues...

I tried to follow the instructions of the glass company last night and tape a nice big duct tape X to my window (yes X marks the spot...please break into my house...ugh). However, I'm short...yes, I can admit it I'm short. I had a rather uneventful evening with Haley (outside of the typical 3 yr old arguments) so I decided to test my luck...you'd think I'd learn. After I got Haley down I got out a ladder and a roll of tape and tried to set myself up outside the window. Well of course with the bushes and all I couldn't actually reach the window so I decided to just try and balance myself on the windowsill and try to tape it that way. I was doing ok until I tried to actually pull the tape off the roll and stretch it to the other side of the window. The tape didn't unroll like I wanted it to and the glass started cracking more and as I tried to balance, provide tension, and maneuver...balance lost. I fell out of the window, tape in hand. I landed kind of on my bum, kind of on my right arm...mostly flat on my back...tape in hand. I threw the tape and decided, ENOUGH, I don't care...if the glass falls out, the glass falls out. As I laid flat on my back on the grass all I could do was laugh at myself. I try to be Super Woman...most of the time I do okay...somtimes I'm just a klutz. So for the next 4-6 weeks I will have a lovely spiderweb to look out of.

Tuesday, however, started much better. Haley and I rocked our way to school. She was great this morning. She woke up happy and helpful. She even helped me carry a stack of essays to the car. She fed the dog while I got my shoes on. She's amazing. Best kid in the world. When we got in the car she asked if we could sing Fergies "Big Girls Don't Cry", then "Clumsy," then "New Soul", and then she justed wanted whatever Fergie song she could get. She loves to sing. Definitely a good start to the day.

16 days until graduation!!!!! Yes, I'm counting down.

No comments: