Thursday, April 3, 2008

Feeling Like a Teenager

There's something about Thursday's...

It's so close to the weekend...and yet so far away...I have such a hard time getting out of bed on Thursday mornings. I hit the snooze button for almost a full hour this morning before I finally dragged myself out of bed. I even found myself scooting lower and lower beneath the covers this morning to "hide" from the morning. Of course this prevented me from actually being ready before I woke Haley up, but thankfully, she was a trooper and woke up in a good mood and didn't fight me getting dressed or doing her hair. Suprisingly, I managed to make it to school on time. Wahoo!

I had a visitor to my class this morning and my students said I was "flirting." Tooo funny! The guy is just a friend, but boy do my studnets like trying to play match-maker for me. The funny thing is that this "match" has been an attempt since the beginnig of the year...and yet...we're still just friends. I'll be honest and admit that it's fun to let them play their little game, and even play into it a little just to see their reaction.

We're into the final swing of the semester and my seniors are starting to either panic or completely slack depending on their mood of the day. My seniors have a major portfolio paper due at the end of the month and today was the due date for the outline. One of my students has a severe case of "senioritis" and brought me a Diet Pepsi on ice this morning as a bribe for a 12 hour extension on his outline. Smart kid!!

No comments: