Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is it you do...

As I write this, I'm multi tasking...shocking I know.  My seniors are currently listening to Act IV of Macbeth. It's quite difficult to not rhyme in my mind as I listen to the witches continue to cause troubles for Macbeth. However, I realize as I'm doing this...I've taught Macbeth A LOT...I'm reciting the words in my head as they are being spoken...I no longer have to actually read it to know what's going on. :-)  Twisted I know, but I really do like this play.

Poor Sean had a rough day with Nicholas yesterday.  He just wouldn't sleep and wanted held.  Even last night, he would not be happy to just lay in his swing or in his crib, he INSISTED on being held.  So, I held him ALL NIGHT.  He slept though, and so did I.  Haley ended up in bed with us too.  THANK HEAVENS for a KING SIZED BED!!  Haley and Nick both slept right at my sides.  When I woke up, they kind of just rolled toward each other. SO CUTE!!!


Last night we had guests over.  It was so cute to watch them together and listen.  It's so easy to let  "adult" responsibilities get in the way of just having fun as a couple.  Smiles are indeed infectious.

I finally got a picture of Nicholas smiling. I can't get enough of his big toothless smile.  It's just so sweet.


I had a disturbing conversation with a student today.  Upon my return last week, this student approached me to inform me of her pregnancy and impending marriage.  She informed me she would be out March 8th through spring break as she was going to Hawaii to get married (must be nice). She was then absent for the next 4 class periods.  She returned again yesterday requesting her missed work because of "this" (as she rubbed her belly).  I looked at her and said, "Honey, I've done pregnancy twice and I never missed a day of work because of my pregnancies. You need to be in class.  See me after class for your missed work."  Perhaps it wasn't the most compationate response, but the sooner she steps into the reality of adulthood and motherhood, the better off she'll be.  Oi...they think they're responsible enough to have sex, but pregnancy...geesh

1 comment:

Katy B. said...

I LOVE your response to your student! Have you seen that MTV show "16 and Pregnant"? Seriously, these girls have no idea how difficult life can be because they don't understand the necessary boundaries sex should be under in their lives.
Cole's been in that stage of wanting to be held all the time every other day it seems. What is up with these boys of ours?:)