Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's a New Day

So, last night on my way to GCC I had a "chat" with the big guy.  I was gernally humble, but probably a bit demanding as well.  By the end of the night I had been humbled...He has a magical way of doing that you know.  The result of my new found humility...I need to take action.

Take action, but a different kind of action than what I've been doing.  I need to continue doing what I've been doing, but I need to find a way to stop for a few minutes each day and do something I enjoy.  What do I enjoy you ask?  Writing and taking pictures.  Who knew yearbook really WAS my calling. :-)

So, I'm going to write and I'm going to post what I capture with my camera each day.  I need someplace to go to reference the beautiful things in my life when I can't really see them for what they are, because I get in my own way.

Last night, I stopped worrying about the cluttered counter tops, blue room, bedroom, and desk.  Instead, I let Sean fix me a bowl of cookie dough ice cream and we watched American Idol.  I still got to nurse my beautiful son and rock him to sleep.  I still got to read scriptures and Littlest Pet Shop with Haley.  It felt good.  They may not have needed me to do it, but I sure needed to do it for them.  I feel asleep on the couch for a while. I relaxed in my bed NOT feeling utter exhaustion.  I tucked Haley back in her bed around midnight...she needed an extra hug and kiss.  I slept with both my boys by my sides.  I felt safe and wanted.

I woke up feeling tired (constant interrupted sleep will do that) but peaceful and hopeful.

This morning, Haley again woke with a smile. She got herself dressed, hair fixed, teeth brushed, and not a single voice was raised or tear was shed.  Miracles do happen.  Haley got another stone in her cup...only 8 more good mornings until we have a date at the convenience store to get a Bug Juice and Ring Pop!  I'm lucky she's still excited over simple treats.

When I arrived at school I got to talk up the great things about being a part of the yearbook staff to 3 potential staff members.  Hopefully, one will want to be my business manager next year.

My classroom is quiet...it is peaceful.  I have a list of things to do, but for now I'm taking a few moments to enjoy the peace and quiet around me and just share my thoughts.  I am blessed and I'm greatful to have the presence of the Holy Ghost to help me feel the peace I need and storms of emotion plague my world.

My images of the day to remind me of all I have to be grateful for...


Giggles
Attempts at FHE...reverence is highly overrated
Puppies who play hard...and can't put their toys away
Unlikely friendships
Fun and games
A husband who remembers my favorite flower
My Gerber Baby Boy
My 2 strong protectors

4 comments:

Katy B. said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Thank you for reminding me I need to look for the good in my life every day.:) You rock sista friend!:)

The Booth Family said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Love to see your new pics! How big is Nicholas already! And even Simon! He looks as big as Buffy! Haha...Good to read your blog, how do I get a notice when you update? I'll be in touch soon! Bedtime right now over here :) Love you! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last note is from Tina, but you probably know because of Buffy, haha!