Sunday, January 17, 2010

A little update...

Well life for us is certainly never dull...not that I'd want it to be, but sometimes a little downtime would be nice... It's been a month since Nicholas was born, and here's a list of some updates over the past 5 weeks along with a few snapshots.


1. I got a job with GCC. I'm going to be teaching an English Humanities class (EXCITED!!) and possibly an English 101 class. I had the interview and was hired when Nicholas was a mere 4 days old.

2. We survived Christmas! I hadn't done a lick of Christmas shopping prior to Nicholas being born and I decided to be adventurous when Nicholas was 1 week old and take both the kids out with me to shop. On our way to Target (our very first store) I became the target of an elderly gentleman who decided he needed to be in my lane more than I did forcing me off the road to avoid being hit. Instead I hit a nasty pothole and blew my passenger front tire. The kids and I were fine, I was just a little frustrated. We still shopped and got the tire fixed that afternoon. Thank you Mansoor (old student) at Subway for providing extra cookies for this frazzled mom.



3. I learned that the most efficient way to vacuum, mop, fold laundry, or simply clean with a newborn is to put said newborn in a Snuggy and go proceed with the days events.



4. We celebrated Christmas as a family of 4! The rest of our extended families were a part of the day as well, but it was lovely to be with my family.




5. We had family pictures done. It was an exhausting experience, but the results were fantastic. If you'd like to see them for yourself, log into www.gradsphotography.com and click online previews...session number 30031.


6. I wrecked my car. :-( Another elderly gentleman caused me to avoid hitting him and resulted in SEVERE damage to my car. Said old guy decided he needed to turn out the turn in lane at a shopping center. I successfully avoided him (I don't even think he realized he caused an accident) however I hopped a curb and crashed into a pillar. Poor car.



7. Haley showed me her bowling skills.  Even my daughter bowls better than me...granted she had a ramp and bumpers, but still! She was such a perfectionist...she moved the ball ramp around and angled it left and right to get just the right shot.  And HEAVEN FORBID anyone try to help her.




8. I was a bridesmaid in my best friend Laura's wedding. It was a lovely ceremony. Only 4 weeks after delivering my handsome son I actually fit into my dress! It was tight, but it fit :-) The wedding was a lot of fun, and Haley and Nicholas were a hit. Haley danced the night away with Sean...CUTE!


9. The crummy economic times gave us a hard hit. Sean has been laid off. It is what it is. Thankfully he has an entrepreneurial spirit and hopefully we'll land on our feet and not on our backside.



10. We're dealing with a little sibling jealousy...nope not Haley, she loves Nicholas...Simon! LOL



Welcome to my world!




1 comment:

Genny said...

You blog!!! How fun. So do I. Its private but I'll send you an invite, just let me know what email. I have a public blog too that updates every time I post on my private blog though.

VERY impressive on the dress! You look beautiful!