Friday, September 18, 2009

Introducing...Duke and Daisy

After the tragic loss of both our dogs this last July, we decided to give dog ownership another shot. This time with a less spastic more kid friendly breed, cocker spaniels. Growing up I had a pure black cocker named Missy. She was a delightfully loyal pet for 21 years. She lived for her tennis balls, walks with grandpa, and love from her family. I've been slightly wary about giving the cocker spaniel another go...Missy was just such a wonderful dog I couldn't imagine even another dog of the same breed being as perfect. However, Sean convinced me to give it a go.

So...we've adopted 2 pure bred cocker spaniels. Sean's is a pure black male named Duke. Haley's is a rare blue roan partie female named Daisy. We adopted them from a breeder who allowed us to visit with them until they were old enough to come home. Duke was always the playful one, jumping around seeking attention, while Daisy was perfectly happy just to be held and snuggled. We have since brought them home...things have changed. They are just as adorable as ever, but Duke seems to be the gentle giant snuggler, and Daisy is the playful talker. Both are such a joy. They are truly puppies with all that that entails, but their dispositions are so sweet and loving.

The cats aren't quite sure how to take them. Sugar...well she just tries to ignore them. Simon on the other hand seems to think he needs to be a puppy too. He gets down on the tile and wrestles with them both.

This morning Daisy was extra chatty with me. She's so cute when she "talks," she stretches her neck out like a giraffe and goes to town. Duke just lets her talk and comes over for the inevitable ear scratch.

Here are the cuties!


We're just babies.
Haley and Daisy on the ride home.

Sean and Duke on the ride home.

CRASHED!

Mom...he's not sharing.


I found my way upstairs...now what? GET ME DOWN!!!

Hello, I'm talking to you!
I'm serious!
I let Daisy do most of the talking.
Pay attention to me! I'm cute!

4 comments:

Katy B. said...

Oh my they are cute!:)

The Waites said...

How cute! It has been a while since I have read your blog...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and your new addition! I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.
I am just SO happy for you!!!

The Waites said...

Hey again! I wanted you to know that we last minute decided to go private with our blog due to a scare that we had the other night.

If you or anyone, wants to be invited to visit our blog, please send me your email address to this email account that we set up for just this purpose. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

waite4merequest@rocketmail.com

Aunt Tiff said...

They are ADORABLE!! I love em!