Monday, April 6, 2009

Oi with the poodles already...

It is currently 3:00 pm Monday afternoon. I have 7 Gatsby Journals, 40 Macbeth essays, 40 Of Mice and Men short response exams, 25 Old Man and the Sea reading journals, 25 1920's research papers, and 45 Senior papers to grade. And all this after spending my weekend grading roughly 100 essays. I feel totally unaccomplished. Not to mention the fact that I also have my Career Ladder review in exactly 48 hours. My to do list is growing far faster than my ability to cross ANYTHING completely off. So here I sit, blogging, avoiding my responsibilities, and dreaming and hoping for the grading/teaching fairy to carry me away.



I like to think of it as organized chaos

After giving the students 7 weeks to write this thing...if I hear one more kid say "Aren't you ever going to get those things graded" after only two weeks...I may have to trip them as they cross the stage the night of graduation. Each envelope contains 20 minutes of semi-tortuous reading.

Oh well...I'll just pack it up to take it home. That is after I hit the 99 cent store...the Easter aisle is calling...can't you hear it???
I've run in and out of the building so much today that I now have the need for 6 eyes...
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

HAng in there! I would come grade them for you if I knew what in the world I was doing!! You amaze me!!