Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sum..Sum..Summertime!!!!






I'm now a little over a week into summer break, and already I'm about 15 projects deep. There must be something seriously wrong with me that I can't take the gift of no school and just relax. Then again...I know that once those students converge onto campus again in August...I'll have no time for my own projects again. Regardless of my own sick mental reasoning (I've been diagnosed AAADD-Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...see earlier post) I have 15 projects in various stages of chaos.

We started our summer break with a relxing trip to Heber to visit my grandparents. It was a very nice trip and got me on the roll of my first project...my personal reading list. The trip was a little hairy...the weather was awful going up, but a perfect excuse to just wrap up in a blanket to relax and read. With my grandparents eagerly waiting to play with Haley I jumped into reading Twilight. FABULOUS young adult novel! I highly recommend it. It takes very little to get involved with the characters and once you're in you can't put it down. I've never been one for vampire books, but seriously...WOW...I'm in love with a vampire...where's my Edward? lol I finished the book in less than 2 days :-)

The rest of the trip revolved around food and outdoor fun.






Once we got home I started my to do list of summer activities. 1. Clean out the office and paint 2. Clean out the hall closet 3. Clean out Haley's toys 4. Clean out the china closet 5. Clean out the kitchen and pantry 6. Clean out my bedroom 7. Clean out Haley's clothes 8. Clean out the shed 9. Finish landscaping the backyard 10. Prepare of yearbook conference 11. Calendar out lessons for next school year 12. Paint my bathroom 13. Paint outside of house 14. READ 15. DATE.

Not a terrible list but certainly time consuming. Since I've been home I've cleaned out the office, cleaned out the hall closet, cleaned out the dining room, cleaned out Haley's toys, started landscaping, and instead of painting my bathroom...I've completely torn it apart for remodeling. I don't know how to do things in small doses :-). I've also read the sequal to Twilight, New Moon...another good book.

Don't think Haley's being neglected in all this "work." She loves to help and is great at sorting and organizing, so she's been in the midst of most of it. She even helped pick out the new bathroom fixtures and paint. She's loving having mom home. She's still going to the sitters a few times a week, but it's more for her own socialization. She LOVES her friends and I think it's important for her to maintain those relationships with them...plus I LOVE visiting with my sitter. She's like another mom.

2 comments:

Marinda said...

Well Mandy it looks like you stay so busy. Your little Haley is soo big. I can't believe. It was good to hear from you. I am planning on going private but I will be sure and add you to my list. Love Marinda

Aunt Tiff said...

Hey girl!! Good to hear from you!! You are quite the busy lady and your daughter is beautiful! Keep in touch!

Tiffani