Monday, March 9, 2009

Bring on the boxes!

We're MOVING!

Yep, we're moving. We really hadn't planned to move and overall were settling in nicely where we are, but apparently there's more in store for us. One afternoon while I was procrastinating grading I decided to see if I could find out what houses in my area were selling for and I happened across a house that's in my school's neighborhood. It's nearly twice the size of our current house and has A BACKYARD!!! We're very excited...I think I'm more excited than anyone, but that's just because I'm a neat freak and this place has REAL closets and a GARAGE! Haley loves the new house, she's picked out her bedroom and fondly calls it the "red light green light house" because we played red light green light one afternoon while I was stalking it. hahahaha

I'm sad to leave my current ward, calling (never thought I could grow to love being Primary President this quickly), friends, and family, but I know this is the best thing for my family right now. We have room to grow...not that growing is in the near future...but the possibility is there.

The house needs LOTS of LOVE, but I love projects so it's all good. I have plenty to do this summer! Tina's also coming to visit for a few weeks this summer from Holland and now there's plenty of room for us hang out. I just know she'll have some fun ideas for decorating too.

Soooo...bring on the boxes and let the packing begin!!!

IKEA here I come! Moving day will be here before we know it.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a house to rent, we're looking for renters beginning May 1st.

4 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Sounds exciting! Not the packing part, but the bigger space and new place does! Best of luck to you.

Tina is coming huh? She probably doesn't even remember me. That is awesome that you still keep in touch. Tell her I said hello!

Anonymous said...

So, will Haley pick my room out? Hahaha...Very curious where the house will be at! And how it will look? So I need to bring workclothes, or are you going to be ready by the time I get there? :p

Anyway, sounds great all together and glad you are looking forward to my visit. I am already counting down...Only 98 more night to go...

Ttfn!

Love ya!

TINA

P.s. If Aunt Tiff is Tiffany Tenney, I do remember...Hello to you back!

Katy B. said...

What the?! We will miss you greatly...:):):)

Susie said...

Wow! How exciting. I thought you were sort of stuck in your condo. I hope this means that things got straightened out? Or just that you can keep the condo by renting it out?
Congrats, I bet you'll have a great time fixing up the new place. Post pictures, and for your sake, don't forget to take lots of before pictures! You owe it to yourself to show off all your hard work!